Seasons and Dreams

1:29 PM

Seasons come and go with the wind. This is an ever-changing world we live in, and I wouldn't have it any other way. My dreams often consume me, and I feel I can do little else but live in a world of tomorrows, of what's to come, of what may be.

I am trying harder and harder to focus on the here and now. To not live through other people's lives, but to consume myself with my own. I think it is so hard in this day and age to unplug, and therefore step back from comparing our lives to others. Though my dreams are all my own, I find myself too often comparing my life, to my own image of what my perfect life would be. I waste time, I waste energy, and I waste precious moments either worrying about the future, or comparing my days to images that I am bombarded with at all times.

So this season I am focusing on renewing energy. I am attempting to step back from things that suck up my energy: the internet and technology in general. I do not wish to waste my own days comparing myself to others. I want my time back. I want to daydream inside my own head, instead of daydreaming inside someone else's idea of what life should be.

There comes a time when you have to live your life day to day. When you are so consumed with worry and struggle that life becomes one big blur of the work ahead of you, and you forget to live in the moment. It is my mission this season to watch the road ahead, to follow the path that this life is taking me on, and to renew my energy and my own dreams. It's time to step back and focus on myself.

Happy Spring!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe